Monday, September 9, 2019

Introduction: Who is Felipe Grosso?

Hi everyone,

My name is Felipe Grosso, and I’m currently going into my third year at UBC pursuing a major in Honors Economics with a minor in Philosophy. I’m very excited to start this endeavor with all of you. I think the best way of getting to know me is to understand what I want to dedicate my life to. My dream is to become a researcher in the economics of education subdiscipline. I have always been fascinated by the interrelationship between education and the discipline of economics. I believe that the fact that I’m studying at a university such as UBC entails a commitment to my country of Puerto Rico. Specifically, I feel the need to give back to those that don’t have the opportunity to study and learn at world-class institutions. My dream is to explore new ways of thinking about educational systems to decrease educational inequality in Puerto Rico. 
Now, why am I taking this class? Because I want to grasp a solid understanding of the cultural, historical, and societal context of Puerto Rico. And what better way of doing so, than to have a class on Latin American Studies. Because of this reason, the opportunity of participating in this experience is one that I cannot pass on. I’m excited for the chance to flourish with people who are committed to learning about our society and motivated to grow as fellow students. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment